Come see us at GEOINT 2006!
- Visit the Object Raku booth (#220) and get a first-hand look at the technology used in deployed situations
by geospatial specialist and non-specialist alike. We're proud to unveil the latest Sextant Components integration with Skyline Software's Terra Explorer suite as well as Analytical Graphics' STK.
Object Raku teams for US Navy research initiative
- Object Raku Technology is formally teamed with Impact Computing Corporation of Silver Spring, Maryland in support of a Simulation, Mission Rehearsal, and Training Tools (SMRTTs) for Counter-Terrorism project being funded by the Office of Naval Research. "This effort is a logical fit and extension of our technology" according to Janette Hooper, Director of Operations. "We were very lucky to join Impact Computing's experienced project team."
Sextant software front and center at SSTO 2006
- The inaugural Simulation Support to Operations conference brought together industry and government representatives from Canada, the US, the UK and Australia. Sextant software and how it is used for Battlefield Visualization was the primary focus when SSTO kicked off. After the key note brief from Canadian Major-General Stuart Beare, Sextant users from the USMC and Canadian DND took the stage. "We're always leery of getting lumped in with the "simulation" crowd. Too often traditional simulation and visualization is about expensive, unrealistic visualization far from the deployed user", according to Mike Parlow, Object Raku's Director of Sales & Training. "Our focus is down at the pointy end of the spear and, thankfully, that's what Dr. Roman and the organizers wanted to hear about."
Object Raku receives warm welcome at MPUC 2006
- Object Raku's Sextant tactical 3D mission suite was well received at the Mission Planners User Conference in Las Vegas. "What we're hearing from operators and large systems integrators is that the reality of Urban Warfare is one of vertical envelopment, rather than horizontal." says Mike Parlow, Object Raku co-founder. "Because it requires tactical thinking in three dimensions, mission systems must consider "spherical" security at all times. Our products help fill that niche."
Object Raku takes part in AGC 2006
- For the second year running, Object Raku contributed to presentations at the US Army Geospatial Conference held at Ft Belvoir, Virginia. Object Raku collaborated with Marines from Camp Pendleton, CA to describe how the deployed forces used Sextant VWT for urban battlefield visualization and mission rehearsal.
Skyline Software Systems joins VAR program
- Object Raku is pleased to announce that Skyline Software Systems, Inc of Chantilly, VA has joined its Partner Program as a valued added reseller. The move synchronizes Skyline’s patented and award-winning Terra Explorer Pro technology with Object Raku’s Sextant hi-resolution 3D geo-modeling package. Read the press release: Terra Explorer and Sextant
Raku Symbol Server goes cross-platform
- Object Raku's widely used MIL-STD 2525B symbology
generation component is sure to see even more action as the first
enhancements are completed for Raku Symbol Server use in Solaris and
Linux. Learn more